Best restaurants in Rome, Italy
5 Restaurants to Try in Rome, Italy
Italian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in the world and one of the best places to get Italian food is in Rome, Italy. Below, a list some of the best restaurants in Rome. Though far from comprehensive, this list focuses on establishments that offer a definitive Roman dining experience.
1. Piazzale di Ponte Milvio MET (Piazzale di Ponte Milvio) - The MET is one of the trendiest restaurants in the city of Rome. It is located on the Ponte Milvio (also known as Milvian Bridge), and is the most popular destination for Rome’s urban elite and the jetsetter crowd. This establishment offers a wide range of culinary treats, as well as three distinct design aesthetics.
2. Antica Pesa (Via Garibaldi) - Located near Rome’s former customs office, Antica Pesa is one of the oldest restaurants in Rome. The establishment is located Via Garibaldi in the Trastevere District. The restaurant is open from 8:00 pm up until 11:30 from Sunday to Friday.
3. Montecarlo (Via Palestro) - Montecarlo offers some of the best pizza in the city. It is a local favourite and it provides tourists a taste of authentic Italian pizza. Montecarlo was started by the famous Pizzeria de Baffetto and offers a slightly different take on Roman Pizza.
4. Roscioli (Via Buonarroti) - Roscioli is located near the lively and vibrant Via Arenula, which happens to be one of the most beautiful places in the city. The establishment is known for serving excellent wine, freshly baked loaves of bread and a multitude of other specialty dishes.
5. La Pergola (Via Alberto Cadlolo) - La Pergola can be found on the roof top garden of the Rome Cavalieri Hilton. Executive chef Heinz Beck manages the restaurant, which has been declared a three star Michelin restaurant. La Pergola is arguably one of the best restaurants in Rome.
Italy offers some of the best red wines in the world, with a great variety of local vineyards a stone’s throw away from Rome.
to Guides menu.